This blog is dedicated to all car and especially Ferrari lovers…
Ferrari does not have only cars and Formula One. Now, it has its own theme park!
The Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi is one the world’s largest and the only Ferrari indoor theme park. Ferrari World officially opened on 4 November 2010.
The indoor theme park is located on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, part of the United Arab Emirates. . Typical of UAE, the island is entirely dedicated to leisure, entertainment and lifestyle, and Ferrari World is its central attraction. It is approximately 10 minutes from the Abu Dhabi International Airport, 30 minutes from the center of Abu Dhabi, and 50 minutes from Dubai. The Ferrari amusement park is next to its Formula One racing circuit.
The central park is situated under a 200,000 m2roof. The most striking feature of the park is its enormous red-domed roof. Ferrari World says that the bright red structure is supposed to resemble a Ferrari GT body and carrying the largest Ferrari logo ever created. The theme park, measuring 86,000 m2 is located under this 50 meter high roof.
Ferrari World offers more than 20 Ferrari activities and attractions for families, kids and thrill such as:
- Made in Maranello which is a virtual tour inside the Ferrari factory in Maranello giving guests a glimpse into the design, assembly and testing of a Ferrari GT
- Junior Grand Prix which is a racing school for budding Scuderia drivers who can drive child-sized Ferrari F1 racers
- Speed of Magic is a fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a boy that plays a game who has to beat a fly named Nello as he travels through a kaleidoscope of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before
- Viaggio in Italia which is a recreation of an aerial voyage over Italy similar to the Disney’s California Adventure/ Walt Disney World’s Epcot ride, Soarin’ Over CAlifornia
- “G-Force” is the enormous tunnel that you see in the center of the roof where passengers are strapped into Ferrari-styled seats and blasted through the roof to a height of 62m with the same g-forces an F1 driver feels at high speed on the track. It propels the passengers out of the park, taking them to heights from where they get eagle-eye panoramic view of Yas Island before plunging back to earth
- ·And is also home to Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster that accelerates from 0 to 100 km/hr in less than 5 seconds and attains a dizzying speed of 240 km/hr
The Ferrari World experience takes into advantage some physical levels. Firstly, it is in a flagship location next to Formula One racing circuit and is located in Abu Dhabi which is one of most popular and luxurious travel destinations during the last five years. Secondly, the Ferrari amusement park provides an engaging, robust, compelling and memorable experience, related with positive cues for people of all ages. Finally, visitors have the chance also to buy souvenirs and experience the Italian traditions and culture through a wide variety of Italian delicacies and shopping malls.
Undoubtedly, it is reportedly a must-visit for all Ferrari enthusiasts!!!!
Sophia Xafa (383563)
- Gilmore an Pine II (2002), “Customer Experience places: the new offering frontier”, Strategy & Leadership, Vol. 30, pp.4 – 11
- Gilmore an Pine II (1998), “Welcome to the experience economy”, HBR, 76(4),p.97-105